With the various kinds of disease and illnesses developing around the world today, many persons are more concerned about health issues. As a result, most people take action, as soon as symptoms are present. One such category of illnesses, that are becoming more prevalent, are those related to the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear shaped organ inside the body, that is located close to the liver. Its main function is to store bile. Gallbladder disease is more prevalent in women than in men. This disease is mostly caused by the development of gallstones, or already existing gallstones that are posing problems to the gallbladder. Some of the symptoms of gallbladder disease are similar to those of other illnesses. To enlighten persons about this illness, here is a list of gallbladder pain symptoms.
Symptoms related to gallbladder conditions:
- There is tenderness and pain on the right side, in the area of the rib cage.
- There is consistent pain in the shoulder blades
- Stools passed appear chalky colored, or light
- Indigestion almost always occurs after eating foods high in cholesterol, especially greasy food. Pain almost always occurs after eating this kind of food. The pain may also occur after over eating.
- The feelings of dizziness, nausea, vomiting, bloating, gas, burping, or belching occurs very frequently for unexplained reasons.
- Another symptom of gallbladder pain is having frequent headaches over the right eye
- There is also a constant feeling of food not being digested, or feeling always full.
- The presence of Diarrhea along with a bitter fluid that keeps coming up after eating.
- One may also experience constipation problems, as a gallbladder symptom.
- Gallbladder pains often occurs at nights, and can last from 15 minutes, up to as long as 15 hours. Pains may also intensify, or become worse due to coughing, or movement.
- Feeling severe pain when deep inhalation takes place, is another gallbladder pain symptom.
- Another gallbladder symptom which is quite prevalent is Jaundice. Once the skin seems to be jaundiced, then this is an indicator that something is wrong with the gallbladder, or the liver. When there is Jaundice, the skin becomes itchy; the eyes and skin become increasingly yellow, and the urine appears darker than usual.
People who are at risk
- Those who are obese.
- Those people who have a family history of gallstone, or gallbladder problems.
- Persons with a high blood cholesterol level.
- Some womens’ risk increases if they are on drugs that contain estrogen, such as contraceptive pills.
Having been enlightened about gallbladder pain, and gallbladder pain symptoms, one should now be able to identify whether the symptoms being experienced are actually signs related to a gallbladder condition. Not all of these symptoms will indicate that one is experiencing gallbladder pain; perhaps it may be something else. So before you become overwhelmed, it is best that you check with you doctor first. An awareness of those persons who are at higher risk of having gallstone or gallbladder pain, should help one to take the precautionary measures to avoid such problems.