Not everyone welcomes hair on certain areas of their bodies. Hair under the armpits, on the legs, arms, back and chest and bushy eyebrows are deemed by many as undesired hair. Women especially will endeavor to enhance their appearance and eliminating undesired hair is one method of doing so. The custom is so widespread these days that even though it is normal, being seen in public with unnecessary hair, typically under the armpits can be very embarrassing. It is as a result of the dislike for hair in these parts why various ways of getting rid of them have been formulated. Waxing, shaving, tweezing, using chemicals and to a lesser extent threading are all methods of getting rid of unnecessary hair on the body.
Threading, which is also known as Khite has been around for many years. It is a hair removal technique that is commonly utilized in China, India and the Middle East. It is mostly used for shaping the eyebrows and for eliminating undesired hair on the face. The reason why it is termed “threading” is because ordinary sewing thread is used in the procedure. Only persons who are skilled in threading should be allowed to carry out threading hair removal as it requires quality time to do it flawlessly.
During the threading hair removal process, a durable, 100% cotton thread is used to remove undesired hairs. The thread is pulled along in a twisting motion and the hairs become tangled in loops of the thread. The thread is then pulled to lift the hairs totally from the follicles. The hairs to be removed must be precisely chosen to achieve the desired shape.
Advantages of Threading
- Threading is a clean process because only the thread touches the skin and it is disposed of after use.
- It is a quick procedure though this depends on the individual performing the threading.
- It is affordable.
- The outcome usually last for 2 to 4 weeks and the new growth is normally finer.
- No soreness or allergic aversion occurs since no chemical is used and the skin is not peeled off.
Disadvantages of Threading
- It can be a painful experience but this is determined by the person performing the threading.
- Infection of the hair follicles can result if cleanliness is not observed.
- It is difficult to find someone or a salon that provides threading hair removal
- Before the threading procedure is done, ensure that the skin is clean, not oily and no residue of moisturizers or other product is present.
- Use exfoliating scrubs between hair elimination processes to keep the hair follicles free from ingrown hairs.
- Use a creme, gel or other hair removal skin care product to soothe the area so as to avoid redness, bumps or any other kind of skin irritation.
- Be careful not to remove too much hair at the outer corners as eyebrows that slant upwards will make you look angry.