Dips are used to give flavor to finger foods. A good dip could be the life of a party. Unlike sauce which is added to food, the reverse is true food is added to dips. Buffalo chicken dips are particularly tasty because of its rich hot, cheese, chicken ingredients. The chicken breast and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium. Watch the sodium content if you have to, and use reduced amounts for items in the recipe that have a high content to suit your needs. The hot peppery flavor in the hot sauce is due to capsaicin, a natural chemical compound found in peppers that make them hot. The caloric content of the peppers is low but it is high in vitamin A and C. Do not cook too long as this will destroy the vitamins. The recipe is simple and easy to follow with little or no precautions. Many flavors can be used and can vary according to your taste or availability. The dip can be had with almost all finger foods. Canned chicken breast can be used too.
- Baking dish
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
- 3 chicken breast
- 8 oz pack of cream cheese
- 1 pack of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 cup of Frank’s hot pepper sauce-any flavor
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3 Stalks of scallion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Remove skin and bones from chicken.
- Wash thoroughly and boil for 10 mins.
- Shred chicken into small pieces using blender.
- Add scallion and garlic.
- Remove from blender and put in baking dish.
- Add one pack of cream cheese, a cup of ranch sauce and stir until it has a consistent texture.
- Add Frank’s hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Mix thoroughly until dip is even.
- Grate cheddar and sprinkle on top.
- Put in oven or microwave and cook until hot or bubbly
- The cheddar cheese should melt.
- When the buffalo chicken dip is set add 1 cup of sour cream to prevent a dry layer from forming.
- Remove and serve.
Tips and Warning
- Note the difference between cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Cream cheese is soft cheese that is not aged. Cheddar cheese is hard cheese made from cow’s milk and is aged.
- You could also vary the dressing and the dip can be prepared in an oven or microwave.
- Any flavor of Franks pepper sauce may be used. If this is not available in your area use a pepper sauce of your choice.
- For those using canned chicken check the contents especially the sodium for those who are health conscious .
- Look for fat free ranch dressing and cheese that the fat content has been reduced.
- The sour cream will also add a sour flavor to the dip.
- You could use the buffalo chicken dip with fries, chips, vegetables, or roasted sweet potato wedges.