So you’re looking for ways to say I love you to that special person in your life? Depending on you, saying the words “I love you” may be either too easy or too difficult. If you’re the type who can’t say it without feeling embarrassed, you can come up with other ways to tell it to your partner. Now if you’re the type who can say these magic words without hesitation, you may still want to be creative and do it differently.
Here are some of the Top 10 ways to say “I love you.”
1. Remember your dates. One of the biggest giveaways of a lack of interest in a relationship is forgetting important dates and events. It’s not just anniversaries or birthdays either. Keep in mind the appointments or engagements you’ve made together. This shows commitment.
2. Pay attention to them. When they talk to you, listen with your full attention. Make eye contact with your partner. Stop what you’re doing as soon as you can. It demonstrates to your loved one that he or she is more important to you than other things.
3. Show your appreciation for what they do. If your partner pours you a cup of coffee or sends you a useful link via e-mail, don’t forget to say thanks! Just because you’ve been together for a while, it’s no reason to ignore basic etiquette. In anything you want to be nicer to them so they don’t feel they’re taken for granted.
4. Spend time with just the two of you. It’s too easy to get caught in commitments to other people. Give yourselves a break. Take a whole day off. Go on vacation. Or just do nothing together. It’s not so much what you do that says I love you to your partner. It’s the fact you find the time to be with them.
5. Do things for them. When was the last time you did something for your partner? Ask what you can help them with. Don’t ask once a month or week. Do it often. And be ready to do what they ask. Giving of your time and energy is one of the best ways to say I love you.
6. Take sides with them. When a time comes and you must choose between your partner and others, it’s time to show them how you really feel. Your decision to choose your partner will say a whole lot about what they really mean to you.
7. Set your priorities straight. What’s more important to you, going out with your friends or spending a quiet evening with your partner? When you put other people and things before the two of you, you’re sending signals that you’re not that in love anymore. Or not that committed. Love takes sacrifice. Be prepared to give up some things you love, at least some of the time.
8. Let go of negative feelings. Don’t dwell on the past. Let go of jealousy, anger and bitterness. When your partner screws up and you say you forgive them, mean it.
9. Look, feel and act romantic. Touch more often. Showing your feelings on a physical level is often overlooked. Love isn’t all emotional, face it. Physical attraction and satisfaction have a lot to do with it. Dress nicely and smell good for them so they won’t be turned off.
10. Keep your promises. If you promised to always be faithful, then do so. If you told them forever, mean it. If you are true to your loved one, they will be true to you!